Friday, August 13, 2010

Back in Dhaka City

I’m finally back in Dhaka, after a six hour train ride from Rajshahi. It was supposed to be a five hour train ride, but apparently the train made some unscheduled stops to aide in the illegal ferrying of goats (or at least that’s the word on the street). My time spent in the village was unforgettable, but I must say I’m extremely glad to be back in the city. I’ve never been so happy to see a toilet in my life; and I can’t even describe how good it feels to have air-conditioning again. Heat is the overwhelming reality of life in rural Bangladesh, and it just made everything difficult to endure. Unfortunately, the category of everything includes keeping a journal, so I now have a lot of work to do to get my experiences and ideas down on paper and get them to all of you. I was able to get words down on some days, but only take notes on others. I should have everything up by the end of the weekend, so check back a few times between now and then to read the many new posts. I’ll be pre-dating them for their respective days, so they will be listed BELOW this post for the dates of 08/04/2010 - 08/13/2010 (if you’re reading this after the 08/15/2010 all the posts are probably up already). It will certainly be hard to capture the true and full essence of my experience and learnings in a few relatively short blog posts, but I’ll do my best. Please ask as many questions as you like in the comments, and I’ll try and expand on any subject requested.

1 comment: